Student Member Benefits
Being a student member of the IET lets you take your career as far as you wish to, safe in the knowledge that you are backed by an unparalleled global support network that links you to the best minds in science, engineering and technology in India and around the world.
- Explore our virtual and digital libraries containing hundreds of thousands of journals, books, papers, articles and magazines
- Get a discounted membership to Inspec, the world’s largest database of over 11 million scientific and technical research papers
- Join your Local Network and meet likeminded engineer and technicians in your area
- Get career advice and support as you take your first steps into full-time employment
- Test your skills in challenges like our Present Around The World (PATW) competition
- Get 12 issues of our award-winning E&T magazine and stay abreast with engineering and technology trends
- Watch live or archived events, research seminars or presentations featuring industry experts
With professional qualifications, training and development, peer recognition and mentoring the IET equip its student members to become the brightest and most inspiring minds in the fields of engineering and technology.
Our current membership fees in India
Here you’ll find this year’s annual membership fees for members living in India. Your membership runs for 12 months from your payment date and we’ll send you renewal notices automatically.
Take your career quest to the next level
The IET Advantage programme helps early career engineers access the knowledge, support and tools they require to reach their professional goals faster.
Available in three membership packages, final year students can join at the Graduate Advantage level for a seamless transition into full-time employment.
Get financial support with a scholarship
The IET India Scholarship Award has been designed to reward and celebrate creativity, excellence and leadership among undergraduate engineering students.
Winners are evaluated across various parameters including academic performance, extracurricular activities, range of outreach activities and their ability to come up with engineering solutions to solve problems that are impacting society.