Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
For our membership category for professional engineers, recognised under EU Directive 2005/36/EC, you will have to show the following when you apply.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Completed Bachelor/Masters’ degree in an engineering subject (BTech, BE, MTech, ME, PhD)
We will accept the below qualifications with the current CV showing your working experience at the graduate level:
- Postgraduate diploma, professional qualification or certification
- Other Honours degrees, higher degrees in a relevant subject such as physics or mathematics.
Graduated within the last five years? You might be eligible for IET Advantage – our membership programme for early-career engineers.
Technician Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (TMIET)
Our membership category for professional technicians, you’ll need to show either of the following when you apply:
- Engineering diploma: Core engineering- Electrical, Civil and Mechanical Engineering or branches courses like Computer, Aeronautical etc.
- Marine field-related Diploma courses: Marine Technology Diploma, Marine Engineering Diploma, Sailor Diploma courses etc.
- Diploma in Fire and safety technology
- Diploma courses related to computers and programming: Programming, coding, networking, hardware etc.
What happens when you join?
Once your application has been approved, it’s time to celebrate and start using your designatory letters (MIET or TMIET) after your name.
Add them to your CV and professional profiles to ensure that your job applications stand out and your current and future employers recognise your skills.
For more information on how to use them correctly, see our guide.
Our current membership fees in India
Here you’ll find this year’s annual membership fees for members living in India. Your membership runs for 12 months from your payment date and we’ll send you renewal notices automatically.