Speaking about the event scheduled for 25 June 2020, Dr Rishi Bhatnagar, Chair of The IET Future Tech Panel, and, President, Aeris Communications in India said, “We at IET Future Tech Panel understand that our industry leaders and organisations are working with a sole aim of getting business back to normal and future technologies are the catalysts in achieving that aim. We look forward to Sri Suresh Prabhu’s guidance to business revival as well as his views on international markets post the Covid19 pandemic. It gives me immense pleasure to welcome Shri Suresh Prabhu.”
Shri Suresh Prabhu, India’s Sherpa to G20 & G7, 6 Times MP, said, “The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been largely disruptive, however, I believe that technologies like AI, ML, IoT and distributed ledger have already become integral components of how we rebuild our lives and respond to the pandemic” said Suresh Prabhu. “I am encouraged to see the IET’s Future Tech Panel focusing on these technologies and helping build their adoption, I wish the team all success.”
Shekhar Sanyal, Country Head and Director, IET India, said, “IET India Future Tech Panel is comprised of dedicated and passionate leaders driven and committed to the panel’s vision to be the thought-hub for future technologies as well as future technologists. As an organisation which has upheld the legacy of being experts and decision-makers in the field of technology for the last 150 years, it is critical that key industry stakeholders of the IET Future Tech Panel, work together to stay ahead of technological changes.” He also added, “We are excited to welcome Sri Suresh Prabhu to our IET India Digital Conversations.”
The 90 minutes event from 2:00 – 3:30 PM IST on 25 June 2020 will also have a panel discussion on, ‘Leading in uncertain times: industry leaders discuss strategies for revival’. Dr Rishi Bhatnagar, Chair – IET Future Tech Panel and President at Aeris Communications in India will join eminent industry stalwarts – Vijay Karia, Chairman and Managing Director, Ravin Group, Indra Menon, Executive Director & President, Senapathy Whiteley Group, Mustafa Wajid, Managing Director, Meher Group as a panellist. The session will be moderated by Shekhar Sanyal, Country Head and Director, IET India.
About the IET
- We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world
- We are a diverse home for engineering and technology intelligence throughout the world. This breadth and depth mean we are uniquely placed to help the sector progress society
- We want to build the profile of engineering and technology to change outdated perceptions and tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices
- Interview opportunities are available with our spokespeople from a range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and diversity in engineering
- For more information, visit www.theiet.org
- Follow the IET on Twitter
Institution of Engineering and Technology - India
The IET office started operations in India in 2006, in Bangalore. Today, we have over 13,000 members and have the largest membership base for the IET outside of the UK.
Given the increasing global importance of India as an engineering hub our aim is to make an impact that has relevance both locally and internationally. Our strategy is to make a meaningful impact on the overall competency and skill levels within the Indian engineering community and play an influencing role with industry in relation to technology innovation and solving problems of public importance.
We want to do this through working in partnership with industry, academia and government, focussing on the application of practical skills within both learning & career lifecycles, driving innovation and thought leadership through high impact sectors.
For more details, please visit india.theiet.org.