Bangalore, September 14, 2017: The second edition of India’s largest conclave on IoT, the IoT India Congress 2017 kick-started its two day event today at the Park Plaza Hotel, Bangalore. IoT India Congress 2017 is the platform of platforms for empowering business outcomes using the Internet of Things. Ms. Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India inaugurated the event, which was followed by the formal launch of the Healthcare Live Experience Zone.
The two-day session will focus on eight tracks - Healthcare, Manufacturing, Smart Living, Emerging Technologies, Ganga Rejuvenation, Telecom, Standards and Digital Payments & Financial Inclusion along with workshops on topics ranging from inter-device communication using blockchain to Raspberry Pi for IoT applications and essentials of drone flying. More than 80 speakers from various leading companies like GE, Philips, Tata Group, IBM, AT&T Global Network Services, Accenture, Microsoft, Fortis Hospital, Ola, Vodafone, Bharti Airtel, Zoomcar, Hitachi, Bosch etc. will participate in this event and discuss how IoT is changing the landscape of the industry.
The Congress will also host the prestigious IoT Thought Leadership Award 2017, where Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the Founder of Art of Living will be the Special Guest. The IoT Start-Up Awards 2017 will recognise exemplary work done by start-ups in the IoT space.
The congress is observed to be the only platform that can readily impact businesses / revenues not only for the entire ecosystem of technology business beginning from chip manufacturers, gateway providers, telecom operators, system integrators, IoT platform and solution providers, but also those segments / user communities who might not yet look at IoT as a business game changer for them.
Few of the key highlights of the congress will be the Healthcare Live, SME Meets etc., that will bring together an end-to-end ecosystem of the Internet of Things – to work with each other and speed the IoT movement in India. The platform will achieve this through CEO meets, product and solutions discovery for SMEs, funding opportunities and mentorship for startups and academic projects, idea discovery avenues for VCs and incubators, and policy inputs for government agencies.
Few of the eminent speakers at the event are:
- Dr Gopichand Katragadda, Chief Technology Officer, Tata Group
- Satish Mittal, CTO, Senior VP, Vodafone
- Monika Gupta, Former CIO B2B, Bharti Airtel
- Avnish Sabharwal, Managing Director – Digital, Strategy & Innovation, Accenture
- Bala Girisaballa, MD, Microsoft
- Dr. Rajkumar Deshpande, Consultant Neurosurgeon, Fortis Hospitals
- Farhana Haque, Vice President & Business Head IOT Vodafone
- Jeurgen Hase, CEO, Unlimit powered by Reliance
- Nigel Fine, Chief Executive, Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Pradeep David, General Manager, Universal Robots ABB
- Jeremy Watson, President, Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Raghuram Joshi, General Manager, Enterprise Business Solutions & Services, Bosch
- Sanjeev Malhotra, CEO – IOT Centre of Excellence, Nasscom
- Ravi Ramaswamy, Sr. Director & Head – Health Systems, Philips Innovation Campus
- Srinivas Prasad, CEO, Philips Innovation Campus
- TV Ramachandran, President, Broadband India Forum
- Ankit Jain, Vice President & Head, Ola
- Vivek Mehrotra, Director, Regional Digital Strategy & Transformation, GE- Predix
- Greg Moran, Co-Founder, Zoomcar
- Rishi Bhatnagar, Chairman of IET India IoT Panel
- Shekhar Sanyal, Director and country Head of the IET
Speaking on the sidelines of the event, Dr. Rishi Bhatnagar, Chairman of the IET India IoT Panel and President, Aeris Communications said, "The IoT India Congress started with a vision to provide people a platform beyond the borders of organizations to come together and create the roadmap for IoT adoption. IoT is a disruptive technology that is connecting and encompassing multiple sectors and we at IET IoT Panel understand the need to connect the industry leaders to further the growth and adoption of IoT technology. We are happy to see the overwhelming participation of IoT enthusiasts at the second edition of the IoT India Congress. We look forward to the enriching sessions tomorrow."
“This edition of the IoT India Congress is showcasing the outstanding application of IoT deployment in various sectors in India. The internet of things is a platform business and instead of working in silos, it requires businesses to come together and integrate ideas and technologies to create the future. With this congress, we aim to break barriers, provide a platform to various players to come together and take back the learning that can further the growth of IoT adoption in India. This time we have multiple tracks and with the inclusion of Argonaut and Healthcare Live sessions, the excitement from participants is endearing. With more sectors and areas being IoT enabled, it is great to see the entire tech community come together on one platform to further the IoT revolution. ” said Mr. Shekhar Sanyal, Director and Country Head of the IET.
About the IET:
Founded 146 years ago, the IET is one of the world’s leading professional societies for the engineering and technology community. The IET has more than 167,000 members+ in 150 countries, with active networks of members in 37 countries. In India, the IET has over 13,000 members, 8 Local Networks and focuses on Energy, Transport, Information & Communications, IoT and Education sectors.
For more details, please visit www.theiet.in.
About IET India IoT Panel:
Leveraging its position as a multi-disciplinary organisation, IET India launched its IoT panel on February 20, 2015 with Dr Rishi Bhatnagar (President – Aeris Communication) as the Chairperson. The panel has 9 working groups and the focus is to facilitate discussions that will help in making the inevitable connected world more efficient, smart, innovative and safe.