NEP 2020 and school education
This session focused on the changes, challenges and implementation of the new reforms with respect to Indian schooling. Our expert panel from the field of education discussed:
- What are the challenges around the school education structure being changed from ‘10+2’ to ‘5+3+3+4’?
- What does the emphasis on mother tongue/regional language mean for English-medium schools?
- What are the implementation challenges around these reforms? Among others
Speakers for the discussion included:
- David S Lakin, Head - Education, The IET
- Mansoor Khan, Member - Board of Management, DPS Bangalore and Mysore
- Sharad Sagar, CEO, Dexterity Global
- Tejal Amin, Chairperson, Board of Management, Navrachana University
Moderator: Dr Shivoo Koteshwar, Member - IET Skills Development Working Group, IET Future Tech Panel
We had close to 650 attendees from 50+ state, international and national schools, 20+ universities and over 50+ corporates attend the event. The audience profile consisted of principals, vice-chancellors, vice-principals, HODs, trustees and board members, academic coordinators, counsellors, trainers, students, faculty members, senior corporate decision-makers and most importantly parents.