This implies that the transport system will have to be re-designed such that passengers are at a safe enough distance from each other.
Curated by IET India and the IET Future of Mobility and Transport panel (FoMT) panel, the session answered questions like: will personal vehicles become the safest means to travel? What about the safety of people who cannot afford personal vehicles? What will happen to the present mode of public transport? We had 150+ attendees participate from 5 countries like India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, United Kingdom and Kuwait. Speakers for the session included:
- Sashi Verma, Director of Strategy and CTO, Transport for London
- Colin Lim, Ex-MD, Singapore Mass Rapid Transport Corporation (SMRTC); Ex-CEO, MobilityX
Panel discussion speakers
- V Manjula, IAS, Commissioner & Additional Chief Secretary to Government, Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT), Government of Karnataka
- Amit Gupta, Co-Founder & CEO, Yulu
- Moderator: Mustafa Wajid, Chair, Steering committee, IET FoMT Focus; CEO, Meher Group