Reports to: Head - Membership & Partnerships
Accountable to: Country Head, India
Hours: As many as required to fulfil the needs of the post but no less than 40 hours per week
Location: Mumbai & Delhi Office
To have responsibility for meeting revenue targets from the sale of IET products and services which includes the sale of membership, academic partnerships, accreditation of academic engineering courses, event sponsorship and any new products that may arise.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: (Not necessarily in priority order)
- Responsible for meeting revenue targets from the sale of IET products and services.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Performs sales activities on major accounts
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth and volume growth in all the company’s products.
- Provides quarterly results assessments of productivity.
- Prepares action plans for generating effective sales leads and prospects.
- Works closely with the Marketing team to share market needs and collaboratively provide inputs for the marketing and lead generation campaigns to push business growth
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Be familiar and comply with the Operating Procedures, Compliance Procedures, the Bangalore Office Employee Handbook, Health & Safety and Fire policies for the organization, which may be amended from time to time. To attend regular training updates in these areas when required.
- Prepare and submit all relevant reports as per deadlines
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the services or at the request of the line manager.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Insures to meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills, with the ability to deal with people at all levels and who can communicate effectively in English (verbally and written business English)
- Excellent administration skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, work under pressure, use initiative, demonstrate attention to detail and meet strict deadlines, including experience of financial administration.
- Pro-active and persistent in initiating and maintaining contact with members and customers.
- A positive team member with a good attitude who has the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues based in remote locations, as well as in the same office.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a sales team.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Willing to work flexible hours and travel/stay away from home when required.
- Good level of IT literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working with volunteers in a membership-based organisation.
- Experience of working with the media.
- Experience of working for an international organisation.
- An interest or involvement in the Science, Engineering and Technology sector.
- Bachelor level degree.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line)